The book gave a lot of detailed information about Adele and her early beginnings as a british musician. Many of her songs come from a heart-broken relationship or from the abandonment of her father in her childhood. Her father is quite frequently brought up during interviews and she shows a lot of hate and sadness towards this subject. In one interview, she even said she would spit on him if she ever saw him again. Reading about this really made me thankful to have both of my parents around to support me. Luckily, they are both always there for me and fully supportive and enthused by what I do and it really helps me. Anyway, the book also explained how Adele first got a bit of fame when her friends posted her music on Myspace in 2006. Weeks after this, she received a record contract from XL Recordings. She very quickly began to gain recognition from the British public and won "Critcs" Choice in the Brit Awards. Later on in early 2008, she released a fairly popular single called "Chasing Pavements" that even gained popularity in the US. She then signed a record contract with Columbia records and later released her very popular and award winning album "21" in early 2011. Although Adele became famous much faster than many artists, she still worked to her full ability and went through the same defeat and turmoil to reach the success that she know has.
My favorite part about the book was reading about how Adele faced a lot of trouble and downfalls in her upbringing but did everything she could to overcome this because she was doing what she loved for the fans that she loved. It honestly inspired me to keep pushing for what I want and for what I love. Every once in a while, I need a reminder like that and it was very refreshing!
This book relates to my iQuest project because Adele is a world-known recording and performing musical artist and she will go down in the history books of music. Getting to Adele's level of fame and ability is something I could only dream of, but I'll do anything I can to get there.
I would definitely recommend this book to others because many people know of Adele and her music but not much about her background and where she has come from and I think its incredible.

I love her music, I'll put this book on my own reading list. When I see her interviewed, she is a bit wild. She seems different that the voice and the soul that comes through in her music.
ReplyDelete