Adele by Marc Shapiro
After reading the first two chapters of my book, I've learned a lot more about Adele's past than I've expected. I plan to read roughly 60 pages a week and the book is 220 pages long so I should get this done very quickly. I'm excited to fully learn about Adele's upbringing and how she got famous because each story is unique and I don't know anything about her's.
Chapter 1:
- I first learned about Adele's father abandoning their family at a very young age
- I read about all of the awards she's won, the introduction was an overview of her fame
- This chapter also talked about Adele's background of where she grew up but very briefly
Chapter 2:
- The author talked about how Adele's ground breaking album "21" was basically all about a bad breakup that she had with her last boyfriend
- The author went more in depth on how Adele's parents met in a bar and their story of how they "got intimate almost immediately."
- This part talked about why Adele's father left and very briefly went into it but it randomly cut off at the chapter, so I hope I find out more about that. It was also mentioned that Adele almost refuses to talk about her father but she says that she would spit on him if she had the chance. She doesn't even try to hid her hatred.
So far, I really like the book. I think its very interesting and its written clearly to tell the story of Adele's upbringing as she will go down into history. I think her family troubles with her father are very intersting and I'm intrigued to learn more.
No comments:
Post a Comment