Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Goals Sure Are Smart

I have two conflicting goals. I like to think of it as a competition. My goals are fighting each other to decide my future. One way turns out with me ends with me being a producer at 21 and the other as a famous musician at 19-20 years old, somewhere around there.
GOAL #1 - To become a famous musician before college

  1. This goal is short, sweet, and to the point. There's a whole load of stuff that it takes to get there but that would take an essay to explain.
  2. This goal is measurable. I want to become famous before college for a few reasons. First off, in my genre of music, the younger the better for the industry. It's more "impressive" to record executives. Another reason is I don't want to be in the middle of getting my degree and having something happen where I'd have to choose one over the other.
  3. I honestly believe that my goal is attainable. I can't force anything to happen, unfortunately no one can but I've been working so hard lately, so why not now?
  4. This goal is definitely realistic, it's just what I was put on this earth to do.
  5. I don't have a specific date because I can't but in a perfect world, I would like this to happen before college.
Goal #2 - To become a professional producer/songwriter/engineer

  1. I know exactly what I need to do to get to this goal and how to do it. The way that I'm going for is to get my bachelor's degree in Sound Arts at Ex'pression college and continue internships and well known studios to create contacts and connections. That way, when I graduate college, I can get hired immediately in a studio and work my way up.
  2. This goal is easily measurable because it involves school, which is built off a schedule and that is pretty much set up for me as it stands.
  3. I have nothing getting in my way to make this goal happen. I've been writing since I was a little kid and engineering/producing music since around 5th grade.
  4. This goal is also realistic, all I have to do is work my way up and keep connections.
  5. I know that I can get my degree by the time I'm 21. With no summer breaks, I can do this in two and a half years.

3 comments:

  1. I can simply feel the excitement that you have as you work toward these goals.....good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its so cool that you are pursuing this so far! So many kids say they want to be famous but so few accomplish it. I know you can do it! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tyler it's great how you have such great ambitions and know how to accomplish them. You definitely have the skills to achieve either goal. I know you will have to make some sacrifices, but I will always be there to support you.
    -andi

    ReplyDelete